I spent way oto much time on this. Desining spaceships is hard work. Maybe once I get a bit more practice…
I like this new version quite a bit more than the old one. However, I am well aware of some problems with the design:
- Need to work out bow design
- Ship is veritcally unsymetrical – this moves center of mass “up” and will probably look shabby in 3D
- 96 TEU cargo plan would mean that anybody who wants to pass through the cargo bay has to go through the passenger/crew level. Not a big issue, but seems inefficient.
- How/where does the landing gear retract?
There will be more problems once I work on this again, I am sure… But well, anyway, I thought I’d share and see what you guys think.
Not much actual world-building stuff for March, but I came across a bunch of articles and sites I thought were share-worthy:
- Helicoprion was a spiral-toothed fish and shows that very weird-looking creatures did indeed exist…
- We can now re-grow teeth.. it’ll be a while for commercial availability, but the shiny future may sole all dental problems.
- Chuck found a nice photo website called Phototravel, lots of nice visuals there.
- Paleos.com – Life Through Deep Time is cool resource if you need to figure out what lived on Earth when.
- The BBC has an article up describing a Future Without Antibiotics.
Tried a new sort of style. Not sure if the colors are okay (remember, I am colorblind), it’s supposed to be sepiaish though.
The galaxy photo is a NASA image and the paper texture was made by Playingwithbrushes.