More odds and ends:
- Chinese Copy-Cat towns – I imagine something like this would happen if we ever explore space and colonize worlds around other stars; people will feel nostalgic for the Earth they left behind and might actually even build places that remind them of home.
- The Town that spent 25 years under water – Awesome photos, would make a great setting
- Glass rain may give planet blue hue – You couldn’t make this up.
- Galactic Empires – A 1983 article on interstellar empires, by Robert A. Freitas Jr.
- Las Vegas Tunnel People – People living in flooded tunnels under Las Vegas. And it’s not about Fallout:NV.
- Mos Eisley threatened by dune.
- Buildings that change over time – another neat Sci Fi technology
- The League of Legends lead designer talked a bit about player needs vs wants, a worth-while read. This is not exactly news to anybody who has even dabbled in the field, but he expresses it well – and many players do not realize these principles.
- Geeks On had an episode on RPG design.
Tools of the Trade
- Dungeon Mapping using Excel and Paint – I have to admit that I did not try it, but if it works it is awesome.
Question for you guys: Should I keep posting these here, or just on Facebook – or both?