Some assorted links:
- What makes a subsector popular? – an analysis of Traveller subsectors which should be helpful to any GM.
- Desert Do’s and Desert Don’ts
- James Wyatt’s Map scale discussions at Wizards of the Coast
- CCP Games’ talk about Seeding the Universe has some good info on populating a game setting; nothing too revolutionary but I found it interesting nevertheless.
- Photo Yun has great photos and a very permissive license. Check it out!
- Quantum Entanglement may be using wormholes as a communications mechanism. I have no idea how plausible this is, but it may make for cool sci fi either way.
- Map of Ganymede
- This account of the Antarctic expedition of Douglas Mawson should serve as a “Post Scriptum” for the Icy Embrace of Winter carnival – and give you a good deal of inspiration for your own harrowing arctic tales