I have some links for you, for a change:
Some assorted links, as usual:
I decided to move the science fiction stuff to a new blog, Contact Light. That blog is basically the “world-builder’s commentary”, a logbook as I create my own science fiction setting, discussing the how’s and why’s as the setting slowly takes shape.
I’d be very happy to see you there!
Not a lot this month, but hey, I’ve been busy.
Spaaaaaaaace! and the Future
- Low-mass exoplanet imaged – It also “poses a challenge” to theories about Gas Giant formations.
- The City of 2050 – Nothing too original but probably worth a look if you are working on Sci Fi
- Not strictly Sci Fi: Check out Project Iceworm. Seems that in the early 60s, the US Army attempted to build a huge nuclear missile launch facility under the ice of Greenland. Valuable leads if you intend on ‘building’ an under-ice colony or lair for your supervillain. Also, see the propaganda video for some impressive visuals.
More odds and ends:
- The League of Legends lead designer talked a bit about player needs vs wants, a worth-while read. This is not exactly news to anybody who has even dabbled in the field, but he expresses it well – and many players do not realize these principles.
- Geeks On had an episode on RPG design.
Tools of the Trade
Question for you guys: Should I keep posting these here, or just on Facebook – or both?
Some odds and ends this month:
Just a bunch of assorted links for you: