Guides, suggestions, and How-To’s on Worldbuilding:
- Primitive Ways has a collection of articles about how to make low-tech goods; for example, how to tan hides and make pouches and so on. It seems to be quite an interesting resource for us 22nd Century persons.
- World Builder’s Questions is an exhaustive list of questions a world designer should ask themselves about the world and culture he is developing.
- [dead link] Shakespeare & Dragons Podcast is focused on world-building from a story-based approach. (Blog post) – Archive with links to the episodes.
- The California State University offers a course in World Building.
- Climatology for World Builders
- Language construction kit.
- A Way with Worlds: Collection of world-building articles.
- Creating Fantasy and Science Fiction Worlds at FARP
- Geek Dad’s How to build a world series.
- Medieval Deomgraphcis Made Easy – Brandon Blackmoor provides an interactive version.
- Building a Traveller Sandbox
- Building a Fantasy Sandbox
- Photoshop tutorial for drawing Halo-sized Ringworlds
Back to World Building Resources