Sites and blogs aimed at building specific worlds:
- Alegis Downport – Traveller
- Campaign Builders’ Guild – A forum to support homebrew RPG campaign worlds
- Cartographers’ Guild – Forums for cartographys
- Worldbuilder’s Journal is another writer’s worldbuilding and fiction blog and IMO definitely worth checking out.
- This Orb – building a world as realistically as possible
- World Builder Projects – A collection of world building projects
- The Lair of Evil Dr Ganymede – has great Star Mapping resources as well as Worldbuilding material. Definitely worth to check out.
- Zombie Gunslinger moved to the more appropriately-named Realmwright Blog. Check it out!
Blogs and sites with useful or inspirational artwork:
- Concept art of spaceships – some awesome stuff on that site…
- Devin Night’s Token Blog – Artwork, but mostly Devon works on tokens for tabletop games. You can even commission him to do custom tokens for very reasonable rates.
Back to World Building Resources