World Building Specific Software
- Nuke it – Tool that shows the effects of nuclear weapons on a map – perfect for youzr WWIII or dystopian future novels.
- Impact Earth – Calculate the effects of an asteroid impact on Earth
- Space Math – Travel times – How long does it take my spaceship to go a given distance?
- Angular Size Calculator – How big is something in the sky?
- An Everything Random generator – from Worlds to dungeons and names and Inns. And it has various generic gaming tools, too.
- Inkscape is a free (as in beer and speech) vector drawing software that I use for illustrations and maps.
- Inkscape – A Guide to a Vector Drawing Program by Tavmjong Bah
- Hex Grid Generator – It can save as SVGs, too!
- Nuke Map – Create map overlays on Google Maps to show the effect of nuclear bombs
Back to World Building Resources