It’s been quiet. Too quiet – but I’ve actually been working quite frantically on my science fiction setting. The fake advertisement was just something I felt like doing as an aside; mostly, I’ve been working out a detailed timeline and history from all the notes, brainstorming documents, and abortive world books I’ve written in the past. Just to give you an idea of the scope: We are talking about a 40-page document.
I thought I’d give you a bit of a sneak preview. There are some possible spoilers of future material… you have been warned.
First, here’s the map of the setting with historic nations superimposed. Just the ones I have names for; I find it surprisingly hard to find good names for anything.
And here’s a timeline created in OpenOffice with all events that have a fixed date – it does not include events with vague dates (“in the years following x, y happened”) nor anything which has a timespan, since my spreadsheet can’t deal with that.
There are many gaps left to be filled out, and I am not nearly done. The latest events I added are in the year 3679, and I expect to add at least another 200 years worth of history before arriving in the setting’s present.
I’ve also -finally- figured out how to publish this setting… a sneak preview of that will come soon. 😉